Get ready to add some sparkle to your outdoor space with disco ball art! In this article, we'll show you how to create stunning outdoor decorations using this fun and creative trend.
There is no shortage of DIY disco ball ideas to choose from. To help you get started, we've compiled a list of three creative suggestions:
- Disco ball planters
- Disco-themed wind chimes
- Outdoor disco ball table
With these inspired ideas for DIY disco ball decorations, you're ready to start bringing your disco dreams to life! Let's take a look at the steps involved in each of these projects.
1. Disco Ball Planters
Get your groove on and make your very own disco-themed planters! Disco balls are available in different sizes. Depending on whether your disco ball is hollow or solid, the steps in this project may change. Don't worry—we'll guide you through the process.
You can create a unique, eye-catching planter with any size of disco ball. Here's what you'll need:
- A disco ball (any size will work)
- A craft knife or multi-tool for cutting
- Soil and plants of your choice
- Optional: ropes, chains, or twine to create a hanging planter
To create your disco planter, follow these steps:
- Remove the top layers of mirrors to create a large opening for your plants.
- Carefully cut the styrofoam with a craft knife or multi-tool, if necessary.
- Remove inside styrofoam for solid disco balls.
- Add the top row of mirror pieces for a border and hanging elements if desired.
Once you have completed these steps, you can fill the planter with soil and add your favorite plants. To ensure proper drainage, consider adding a layer of small stones or pebbles at the bottom.
Additionally, adding a layer of activated charcoal can help prevent odors and keep the soil fresh.
Have a look at the video below for a visual representation of these steps.
By following these simple steps, you can easily create a one-of-a-kind disco planter that will add a unique and eye-catching touch of glam to any outdoor space.
2. Disco-Themed Wind Chimes
Looking to add some pizzazz to your porch or garden? Consider making a disco-themed wind chime. This a fun and easy DIY project that will add a pop of color and flair to your outdoor space.
Before you begin crafting your disco-themed wind chime, gather these supplies:
- Multiple disco balls (in various sizes and colors)
- A loop to use as the top base
- String, twine, or chain to hang the disco balls from the base
Create your own DIY disco ball wind chime with these simple steps:
- Cut your string or line into pieces of varying lengths for added dimension.
- Evenly tie the string around the top loop base, spacing each piece equally to distribute the weight.
- Tie each disco ball to the top loop of your desired selection.
- Hang your completed craft in the perfect spot to enjoy its beautiful reflections.
Enjoy the mesmerizing visual display of your unique disco ball wind chime as it dances in the breeze. This DIY project is sure to bring joy and delight to all who see it.
3. Outdoor Disco Ball Table
You can bring some vibrant disco flair to your outdoor space with a DIY disco-themed table. While this project may require some time and dedication, the dazzling results will make it entirely worthwhile.
To get started, you will need these supplies:
- Wood panel table (any size)
- Paint or spray paint (black or white)
- Mirror/disco tiles (enough to cover the table)
- Adhesive glue
- Measuring tape
- Clear tile sealer
Transform an old table with mirror or disco tiles to create a unique and stylish piece of furniture by following these steps:
- Paint the table black or white with even coverage using spray or regular paint. Let dry.
- Sand and smooth the top of your table to prepare it for your tiles
- Measure the table top with a tape measure.
- Cut mirror tiles to match the table's dimensions.
- Apply adhesive glue to the back of the mirror tiles and stick them on the table top, evenly spaced out. Note: if your disco panels have self-adhesive, you do not need glue.
- Apply a clear tile sealer to the mirror tiles once the adhesive glue is dry, following the sealer's instructions for recommended application method and drying time.
Your DIY disco panel table is now complete! Place it in a well-lit area and enjoy the beautiful reflections of light and the fun disco effect it creates.
Are Disco Balls And Mirror Balls The Same?
Mirror balls and disco balls have been popular decorations for parties and events for decades.
These shimmering spheres are covered in small, reflective tiles that catch and reflect light in all directions, creating a dazzling, almost magical effect.
Although the terms "disco ball" and "mirror ball" are sometimes used to differentiate between larger and smaller versions, the truth is that they refer to the same product.
The term "disco ball" is often associated with the glitzy, mirrored spheres found in dance clubs, while "mirror ball" is a more generic term used to describe any spherical decoration covered in small reflective tiles.
Regardless of what you call them, mirror balls and disco balls come in a range of sizes and styles, from small tabletop versions to large, hanging installations that can cover an entire dance floor.
They're a versatile decoration that can be used for everything from party decorations to theatrical performances, and their eye-catching sparkle never fails to impress.
Can I Make My Own Disco Ball?
Yes, you can make your own disco ball rather than buying one. Creating a homemade disco ball can be a fun and creative project that allows you to customize the ball to your liking.
To make a disco ball, you will need a styrofoam ball, small mirror tiles, glue, and a string to hang it. Additionally, you can create mirror tiles using old CDs.
The first step is to glue the mirror tiles onto the styrofoam ball. You can use a hot glue gun to secure the mirrors onto the ball in a pattern that you prefer.
Once the glue has dried, attach a string to the ball so that you can hang it. When you turn on a light and shine it on the disco ball, the mirrors will reflect and create a sparkling effect.
Have a look at this video showcasing these steps to creating your own disco ball.
Making your own disco ball is a cost-effective option, and you can also involve your friends or family in the process to make it a fun group activity.
What Glue Is Best When Working With Disco Balls?
When working with disco balls or disco panels, it's important to choose the right type of glue to ensure they stay in place and maintain their reflective surface.
The best glue for disco balls is strong yet flexible enough to withstand movement and vibrations.
Epoxy glue is a popular choice for this purpose as it is known for its superior strength and durability. It can bond various materials, including plastic and metal, which are often used to construct disco balls.
Another suitable option is cyanoacrylate glue, also known as superglue, which is fast-drying and can provide a secure hold on smooth surfaces.
When using glue with disco balls or disco panels, it's essential to follow the manufacturer's instructions and apply the glue sparingly to avoid any unsightly residue or damage to the reflective surface.
By selecting a strong and flexible glue, your disco ball will stay in place and provide a dazzling display for your home decor or next party.
Read more on our blog post: Best Glue For Outdoor Mosaics [6 Types]
You're off to a great start in your journey to becoming a disco ball art pro! We've explored some fantastic DIY disco ball projects that will add sparkle to your outdoor space. Keep on crafting!
Are you looking for more DIY projects to spruce up your home? Have a look through these blog posts for some inspiration,